One thing that professional programmers often miss is that by-and-large, many of the users of programming languages are not professional programmers by trade but they require them as tools to do their job and as such may not be as well-versed in many of the nooks-and-crannies. Hence, us-mere-mortals rely on ready-made libraries/packages that you master programmers design and implement in order to achieve our goals. On another note, seeing as data mining and analysis is going to be probably one of the most important functions of any business for a foreseeable future, I think any decent language should have a more-or-less easy and straightforward way of interfacing/linking to languages/packages that handle data and their analysis, e.g., it should be fairly easy to access databases, spreadsheets, and the major data analysis tools like R/MATLAB/OCTAVE. Furthermore, one should not need to write code in another language like C in order to do that, i.e., D should be more or less self-sufficient. The whole idea behind D is amazing and the language’s objectives seem very promising, but should it be my first real attempt at learning a general purpose programming language?! I am still baffled …