On Thursday, 12 December 2013 at 20:46:26 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
On 12/12/2013 12:33 PM, Max Samukha wrote:
Don't you find it somewhat alarming that both alternative compilers follow
neither the standard inline asm nor ABI?

I find it unfortunate. But it also can be difficult and time consuming to reimplement an assembler for those back ends, so I can understand why it isn't a priority.

You know that it is not likely to ever be a priority. That's what will happen: lots of code will be written, using the peculiarities of each implementation. And then nobody will want to change the status quo becase "it will break lots of code".