On 12/22/2013 09:12 AM, Vladimir Panteleev wrote:
On Sunday, 22 December 2013 at 03:08:49 UTC, John J wrote:
Thank you! It's pretty fast now!! :)

Btw, I have been using Thunderbird and I frequently see the already
read threads (mostly messages of the existing threads) suddenly appear
as unread (in bold). Is this happening from your end? If so can you
please fix it?

It quickly gets boring to read the same messages over and over
thinking they are brand new.. Looks like some kind of synchronization
problem..

???

I don't see how Thunderbird is related to the forum... Both Thunderbird
and the forum software are newsgroup clients (they both connect to
news.digitalmars.com to get and post articles). There is no way for the
forum to know which messages you've marked as read, because Thunderbird
does not upload that information to the server - it's only stored
locally. And even if Thunderbird did upload this information to
news.digitalmars.com, DFeed would still have to know how to ask and
obtain that information from the server, and identify you among other
users (which would be tricky, considering you don't need to provide any
identifying information to download articles)...

I suppose that DFeed could have its own NNTP server (similarly to what
Vibe.news does), allow logging in with the forum username/password, and
mark messages downloaded via NNTP as "read" in the web interface...

Searching these newsgroups in Thunderbird now works, and it works
pretty fast too!

Again not sure how that's related...

If they are not related that's fine. thanks.