On Sunday, 29 December 2013 at 15:45:59 UTC, Dicebot wrote:
On Sunday, 29 December 2013 at 15:35:50 UTC, Jakob Ovrum wrote:

Sorry, can you make a short summary about your position? You are against adding packed list to library or just against removing expanding one (from the library)?

Packed lists are a niche, which necessity isn't well argued by this DIP, so I suggest we postpone assessment of packed lists until their utility is proven. (Personally I suspect their utility will prove plenty worthy of Phobos)

Auto-expanding lists cover the vast majority of use cases, so we shouldn't conflate them with packed lists because this comes at various costs.