On 2014-01-05 03:38, Manu wrote:
On 5 January 2014 12:30, Manu <turkey...@gmail.com
<mailto:turkey...@gmail.com>> wrote:

    Hmm, so I jigged it so it's able to find mspdb100.dll, but now
    link.exe complains: "The application was unable to start correctly
    (0xc000007b)."
    That's weird.

Okay, my cludge was a 32bit/64bit dll mismatch. Works now, so it is all
about pathing problems.
This shit has really gotta 'just work' out of the box.

Walter: Is it possible to completely override sc.ini? What needs to be
done to get there?
Rainer: What is the current state of VisualD's overriding sc.ini? What's
complicating the process?

This is the places DMD will look for sc.ini:

http://dlang.org/dmd-windows.html#sc_ini

What about if the installer for VisualD included DMD? Then it could install it anywhere it wanted, provide a custom sc.ini and avoid conflict with any other sc.ini files.

--
/Jacob Carlborg