On 05.01.2014 18:10, Manu wrote:
On 6 January 2014 00:35, Rainer Schuetze <r.sagita...@gmx.de
<mailto:r.sagita...@gmx.de>> wrote:

    On 05.01.2014 12:51, Manu wrote:

        On 5 January 2014 21:23, Rainer Schuetze <r.sagita...@gmx.de
        <mailto:r.sagita...@gmx.de>
        <mailto:r.sagita...@gmx.de <mailto:r.sagita...@gmx.de>>> wrote:

             I guess you are using the latest beta of Visual D, don't you?

        Actually, I'm using the latest release. What's new in the beta?

    See here for beta releases with a change list:
    https://github..com/D-__Programming-Language/visuald/__releases
    <https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/visuald/releases>

I installed the latest beta, and it overwrite my setting where I added
the search path to the x64 executable paths.
I had to add it again. Is working.

Hmmm, although there were some changes to the library paths, I don't see anything that might have restored the executable path.

Maybe you had multiple instances of Visual Studio running? Then the settings from one instance are not transferred to the other and what ends in the stored options depends on the order of termination.

             So please try adding $(VCInstallDir)\..\Common7\IDE to the
             executable paths for x64 builds. I'll add this to the
        defaults aswell.

        Perfect, that did the trick. Thanks!
        I was pointing at an mspdb100.dll in a different directory. It was
        complaining about version mismatch on rebuilds. This one seems
        to be the
        correct one, and the complaining is gone.

    Argh, incompatible identically named dlls? Where did you find it?

Mine are here:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\bin\amd64 (I
tried using this one before)

Ok, this is a x64 DLL, but the linker called by the default settings is a 32-bit executable (needed to monitor linker dependencies).

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\Common7\IDE (this
one works)