I like C style declarations too, but as someone said, it's a matter of what you're accustomed to. The above was just my idea of the what-if scenario where we redesign D syntax (I doubt it's ever going to happen, definitely not happening in D2, and probably won't be in D3 either, if
we ever get to that point).

Yes that would definitely be a somewhat major change. Probably more of a possible syntax for another language built I still like that function declaration syntax (a bit weird for variables IMO but not even remotely important).