Am 10.01.2014 21:51, schrieb Dwhatever:
This might have been brought up before but I couldn't find any thread
about this. As things has progressed I wonder if Digital Mars DMD should
move over to use LLVM instead of its own code generation and compiler
framework.

As I see it with the small amount of contributors D-language has, DMD
will never support anything beyond x86 as there are no resources for
this. Also, why spend time on recreating the the code generation which
has already been done with LLVM? This enables this community to focus on
the language which is the most important part as well as supporting more
and future processor targets.

Because Walter wouldn't be able to work on his current job any longer if he looks into other compiler vendors source code.

IP laws are always a complicated issue.

--
Paulo