On Saturday, 11 January 2014 at 13:22:52 UTC, Iain Buclaw wrote:
Remember when I told you that LLVM devs reverted commits made by core GCC developers because apparently there was no explicit contribution by them to LLVM? :-)

I don't recall the details, but I don't see how this is relevant to this discussion. There is a difference between requiring copyright assignment from contributors and being cautious about including code that you suspect to be incompatible with the (more liberal) license of your project.

David