On 1/12/14 10:31 AM, Iain Buclaw wrote:
On 12 January 2014 17:44, Andrei Alexandrescu
<seewebsiteforem...@erdani.org> wrote:
On 1/12/14 4:50 AM, Johannes Pfau wrote:

Am Sun, 12 Jan 2014 11:32:04 +0000
schrieb Iain Buclaw <ibuc...@gdcproject.org>:

On 12 January 2014 00:19, Andrei Alexandrescu
<seewebsiteforem...@erdani.org> wrote:

I've placed on behalf of Facebook a few more bounties on D-related
issues. There's a bit of budget (a few hundred only) earmarked for
GDC- and LDC-specific stuff. I didn't hear anything from Iain
Buclaw (what's happening?) and am discussing with Kai Nacke the
best angle of attack regarding LDC issues.

I guess the last missing pieces in GDC (apart from specific bugs)
are  NRVO, exception chaining and LTO. I probably won't work
on any of these issues though, that stuff is too complicated for
me ;-)

But if we could get some new contributors because of these bounties
that'd be even better :-)

One organizational/communication problem for me is that I've never been able
to grasp where GDC is, what the milestones for integrations are, what the
related issues are, and how to get from where we are to where we should.
I've communicated with Iain over forum, email, IRC, Skype, and to be very
honest I am unable to get simple answers to these simple questions (my
accent was an issue in Skype communication). One thing I do recall is that
Iain mentioned (I'm paraphrasing) that he hopes to underpromise and
overdeliver, i.e. just finish integration instead of bragging about it
before it being done. The unfortunate recoil from that is that I have no
idea where he is in the process, and whether he could use any help.

We need to work on our communication.  Which probably means:  I need
to work on my communication.

We all should. A good step: answer emails in which you're asked to "shut up and take my money".