Granted, low latency apps are the minority. C++ apps are a minority compared to C# and Java combined. Beyond any doubt there is merit to a GC in all apps that don't have to squeeze the last bit of performance out of the machine, yes, the vast majority, I know.

But maybe we should ask ourselves if it makes sense to get the low latency developers on board, especially if D's syntax remains basically unchanged in the process. Heck, we could even keep 'new' instead of Rusts '~' for owning pointers.