On Tuesday, 4 February 2014 at 16:18:24 UTC, Steve Teale wrote:
Popped into my head today.

What proportion of the D community develops on Linux of some sort, and what proportion works with a 64 bit OS?

And why?

Linux 64 bit. I also have win8 on my laptop and Win7 on an older PC, and sometimes I do use them. If it was for me, 32 bit support and WinXP support could be dropped at any time :P Why 64 bit: 32 is sort of old, and 2 GB on scientific computing doesn't cut it Why linux: because it's made by developers for developers. You can feel the difference when it comes to tools and managing the software.