On Monday, 10 February 2014 at 10:04:53 UTC, Francesco Cattoglio wrote:
On Monday, 10 February 2014 at 08:59:28 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad wrote:

The leads believe in meritocracy, that means the project will flail around in any direction that is fun. That means there are no rails. There is no reason to pull or push a train that is not on rails. To get D to be a true better C++ you need a concerted effort.
No, first of all you need the same amount of economic backing. The one backing the project will shape it the most. True democracy is pure utopia. People have different interests and different ideas, which are often conflicting. In the end it's all about resources.

I forgot to comment on this.

No, I don't think it is only a matter of resources. For instance, if I had the time I would most certainly consider writing a pack-rat parser for a modified subset a D that builds an AST for clang.

That's actually doable for 1-3 people.