On Tuesday, 11 February 2014 at 00:21:22 UTC, deadalnix wrote:
With CTFE, compile time reflection and static ifs/mixins, D wraps around itself in a way that makes it all or nothing in implementation.

Ok, but I think I didn't communicate clearly what I am looking for. I am just looking for a "nicer" C++. I don't really need the full D semantics. I am content with the C++ subset that I can desugar into.

To me D is just that, a "nicer" C++. I don't need the high level stuff. Those are "nice to have", but not "needed".