On Tuesday, 11 February 2014 at 04:29:22 UTC, Adam Wilson wrote:

[snip]

If anything Phobos needs to get bigger and increase the coverage standard available functionality. We can talk about improvements to reduce module dependencies, and improve layout, design, and code quality, but none of those are sufficient reasons in my mind to through out the idea of a stdlib altogether.

I disagree to some extent. I don't want to see Phobos, the core stdlib get bigger. But I do want to see the official module list grow.

I'd love to have opt-in officially endorsed, D-dev reviewed and supported modules for things like sqlite/db access, xml, gui, gfx, SciD etc. etc. Whether via dub or tarball, I'm easy.

I dislike package managers but DUB is simple to use and works reasonably well. If it were adopted as "the" package system for official D modules I would have no problem.

A dub GUI would be an interesting side project...I might have to have a hack at that. Anyone else working on one?

Cheers,
ed