Am 12.02.2014 05:43, schrieb Jeremy DeHaan:
On Wednesday, 12 February 2014 at 04:42:47 UTC, Jeremy DeHaan
wrote:
On Monday, 10 February 2014 at 18:14:26 UTC, Dejan Lekic wrote:
On Monday, 10 February 2014 at 18:11:38 UTC, Steve Teale wrote:
What can be done to capture the attention of young people in the
developing world?

Probably the most effective thing would be if it were possible to
edit, compile, and run D programs on a cheap Android ARM phone.

Is this within the bounds of possibility?

There are millions of unemployed, bored, restless, and ambitious
young men out there, who have saved their all to buy a cheap
smartphone.

Any other ideas?

Steve

A D compiler that targets JVM or Dalvik directly is my personal dream...

That's kind of what I was going for when I was working on my
transcompiler a while back. Something that goes directly from d
source to Dalcik would be so amazing though...

err..Dalvik

Dalvik was replaced by ART for new Android versions