On Monday, 10 February 2014 at 18:14:26 UTC, Dejan Lekic wrote:
On Monday, 10 February 2014 at 18:11:38 UTC, Steve Teale wrote:
What can be done to capture the attention of young people in the developing world?

Probably the most effective thing would be if it were possible to edit, compile, and run D programs on a cheap Android ARM phone.

Is this within the bounds of possibility?

There are millions of unemployed, bored, restless, and ambitious young men out there, who have saved their all to buy a cheap smartphone.

Any other ideas?

Steve

A D compiler that targets JVM or Dalvik directly is my personal dream...

That's kind of what I was going for when I was working on my
transcompiler a while back. Something that goes directly from d
source to Dalcik would be so amazing though...