On 2/12/14, 12:49 PM, "Nordlöw" wrote:
On Wednesday 19:th of Februari I'm giving my first talk on D for my
fellow collegues at my consultant firm office HiQ, Linköping, Sweden.

If any of you are in the neighbourhood please let me know and I will
invite you. The lecture will most likely be held in Swedish.

Congratulations and good luck!

I'll try to make my best to convince them that D is the way to go for
the future of programming.

On my strive I have one wish to the maintainers of dlang.org:

I believe the first code example a newbie sees when he/she first visits
dlang.org should be some variation of Walter's showcase on Component
Programming including all the bells and whistles of lazy evaluted ranges.

IMHO, this would increase the probability of the newbie staying a bit
further on the site trying to figure out the details of what make this
intriguing D code example tick. And, as a result, be more convinced
about D's unique and powerful features.

What do you think, fellow D programmers?

Great idea. I think code samples on the homepage are due for some improvements.