On Thursday, 20 February 2014 at 08:03:47 UTC, Paulo Pinto wrote:
[cut]
I have been following Ada at FOSDEM for the last years, and its use seems to be increasing in Europe for safety critical systems, mainly thanks to C and C++ issues.

Maybe this is an area where D could be pushed as well.

I don't think so: given that D is "C++ done right", it would require many (unlikely to happen) changes to become an interesting alternative for Ada: for example changing the semantic of integers!

That said, one question I should ask to Rust devs is why they didn't base Rust on Ada given their goals..

renoX