On Sunday, 23 February 2014 at 12:07:40 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
http://wiki.dlang.org/DIP56

Manu has needed always inlining, and I've needed never inlining. This DIP proposes a simple solution.

Is this a front-end thing or something specific to DMD? I'm wondering because I'd like something like this for GDC and LCD when targeting ARM microcontrollers. The inline keyword makes quite a significant performance improvement in one of my current C++ projects, and I anticipate the same result when I convert it to D.

Any chance of adding a "optimize, true/false" pragma also to get around the lack of a volatile keyword? (Just a question, I don't mean to hijack this thread and turn into another volatile keyword debate).

Mike