On 2/23/2014 4:21 AM, Mike wrote:
Is this a front-end thing or something specific to DMD?  I'm wondering because
I'd like something like this for GDC and LCD when targeting ARM
microcontrollers.  The inline keyword makes quite a significant performance
improvement in one of my current C++ projects, and I anticipate the same result
when I convert it to D.

It's a hint to the compiler - the compiler is allowed to ignore it if it doesn't support it.

Any chance of adding a "optimize, true/false" pragma also to get around the lack
of a volatile keyword? (Just a question, I don't mean to hijack this thread and
turn into another volatile keyword debate).

Please start another thread with your proposal.