On Sunday, 23 February 2014 at 21:53:43 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
I'm aware of that, but once you add the:

    version(BadCompiler) { } else pragma(inline, true);

things will never get better for BadCompiler.

This is exactly what caused mess with http user agent info when both browsers tried to present web pages better and web devs tried to tune their pages to browsers with distinct features. Now chrome says it's Mozilla, khtml, gecko and safari. But, is that really a problem? I don't think much code relies on compiler intrinsics. If it does perhaps a way to specify attributes in one place and then reference those (like CUSTOM_INLINE define in C) would help.