"Brad Anderson" wrote in message news:gzknvsxmtkqoukkdk...@forum.dlang.org...

I do find myself agonizing over what vote to drop whenever I hit a new issue I want to add a vote for so I'm in favor of this too.

That's the point. Currently a vote means "this issue is in my top 10" or at least "this bug annoyed me enough I made a bugzilla account" but with many votes each it simply means "I have encountered this bug"/"I have seen this bug report". The more votes per user the closer they get to a meaningless "+1".

Then again, I never look at votes when deciding which issues to fix, so changing it won't really affect me either way.