Jacob Carlborg:

We could quite easy add support for named parameters but still require using the same position of the arguments. I don't know if those wanting named parameters would be satisfied with this though.

I think requiring the same position of the arguments goes against one of the main points of having named arguments.

A (temporarily?) solution to Walter's problem (has someone shown examples of the problem?) is to just not allow the use of named arguments for overloaded functions. This is not a large problem because when you have named arguments, you have less need for function overloading.

Bye,
bearophile