On Tuesday, 11 March 2014 at 15:38:21 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer wrote:
On Tue, 11 Mar 2014 11:12:51 -0400, Andrei Alexandrescu <seewebsiteforem...@erdani.org> wrote:

On 3/11/14, 6:55 AM, Ivan Kazmenko wrote:
http://dlang.org/library

Looks nice!

I second the opinion that Disqus might have a better alternative. Its loading after the page was rendered looks clumsy, its style does not match that of dlang.org's... the whole thing is somehow out of place.

Unless something better comes about, we'll go with disqus. Sönke, are there styling options available?

I want to stick my neck out and say that I love disqus *ducks*. But I don't know that it's what we should use in this instance. Disqus is great when you are having a live debate. New posts get loaded in real-time, votes are recorded in real-time, so it's very fluid.

But in this case, I don't see any fierce debates occurring on doc pages. Probably simple notes or "useful tricks" is what will appear there. A "live update" feature is pretty much overkill for such static discussion.

That being said, I've been on plenty of disqus sites, and they look different, act different, but have the same general look and feel.

An idea -- would it be possible to search links from the D forum, and post underneath the discussions that link to that doc page? Then have some sort of moderation so non-doc-related discussions don't clutter the page? Maybe even just first few sentences of the post, with a link to the D forum...

Then we don't have to have any kind of new interface for D posts, just a copy of what's already in discussion.

Sure, we could do that.

Together with an "Ask a question about std.modulename.symbolname" link that goes to a partially pre-filled form ready to post to d.learn.