On Thursday, 13 March 2014 at 04:58:05 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
I hear you. Time to put this in a nice but firm manner: your arguments were understood but did not convince. The matter has been settled. There will be no final by default in the D programming language. Hope you understand.

Thanks,

Andrei

In light of this and as a nod to Manu's expertise and judgment on the matter:

We should make his reasoning on the importance of deliberately choosing virtual vs private in API-public classes prominent in documentation, wikis, books and other learning materials.

It may not be an important enough to justify a large language break, but if Manu says it is genuinely a problem in his industry, we should do our best to alleviate as much as is reasonable.