BLS wrote:
Walter Bright wrote:
The issue is what if b is a property, returns a temporary object, and that temp's .c field is uselessly set to 3?

It's a classic problem with properties that are implemented as functions.

I don't see how C#'s special property syntax adds any value for dealing with this.

One thought I had was to simply disallow the '.' to appear after a function style property.

What I don't see is why a property isn't just a property. What you announce is more a kind of "universal maybe these value holder"
- a temporary object is not a property period

If something is exceeding the meaning of property then fire up your keyboard.

So int'max is a property int'ILikeIt() definitely not.
let's keep it simple

I don't understand, could you please elaborate?