On 3/14/14, 8:43 AM, Daniel Murphy wrote:
"Andrei Alexandrescu"  wrote in message
On occasion I needed a computed qualifier (I think there's code in
Phobos like that) and the only way I could do it was through ugly code
duplication or odd mixin-generated code. Allowing computed
qualifiers/attributes would be a very elegant and general approach,
and plays beautifully into the strength of D and our current
investment in Boolean compile-time predicates.

This is a much bigger change than adding a new storage class, both from
the language and implementation perspectives.

We can just start with final(false). The point is the syntax offers a path to progress.

How often do you really
need this much power, now that we have attribute inference?

I'm not sure. It's a good question.