On 3/17/14, 18:02, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
On 3/17/2014 6:33 PM, deadalnix wrote:
On Monday, 17 March 2014 at 22:15:25 UTC, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
On 3/17/2014 11:50 AM, Graham Fawcett wrote:

The pervasive sexism in our profession is a serious problem, and should

Pervasive sexism in programming? What a complete crock of shit.

And all these pull request we rejected because they were made by women ?
HA! See!

Oh wait...

Exactly, right!

People see that software development is predominately male, and they
assume "Oh, it *MUST* be because those EVIL, SEXIST men are TRYING to
keep women out!" That genuinely pisses me off, what the hell is this,
1920? When people actually *wanted* to join men's clubs and such
post-college fraternities? For f...*couch*..."freaks" sake, one of the
things I hate MOST about software dev is that it's such a saus...is that
it's all guys.

There's only one kind of sexism in this profession, and that's the kind
that compels people with more many and self-importance than actual sense
to create computer science scholarships which explicitly state: "No,
you're not eligible *because* you're a man." Funny thing, I've never
seen a scholarship that had a rule against women. And yet somehow
programming is allegedly full of women-hating men? Fucking crock of shit.

I agree with your sentiment.