On 3/23/14, 6:09 PM, bearophile wrote:
Andrei Alexandrescu:

Discuss: https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/dmd/pull/3399

Are you going to listen to people in this thread or are just going to
say that people in the newsgroup are not representative of the whole
community of D users?

Argumentum ad populum has low pull on me. Come with good arguments, not "half a dozen people can't be wrong".

Regarding the "progress", I'd like a good built-in syntax to unpack
tuples in assignments, inside function signatures, in foreach
statements, and more, because the syntactic contortions I currently
adopt to use tuples in D are bad.

Some examples of what you're trying to achieve would be great, with the understanding that you're looking at at least five years until we'd be able to change anything about the use of comma.