On Monday, 24 March 2014 at 01:16:47 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
On 3/23/14, 6:09 PM, bearophile wrote:
Andrei Alexandrescu:

Discuss: https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/dmd/pull/3399

Are you going to listen to people in this thread or are just going to say that people in the newsgroup are not representative of the whole
community of D users?

Argumentum ad populum has low pull on me. Come with good arguments, not "half a dozen people can't be wrong".

It is understood, but this has been discussed to death, and yourself agreed in the past that this was to be done.

The topic has been recurrent for 5 years. It could have been through the deprecation process several time by now.

Points goes as follow :
 - This construct has little usefulness.
- It create hard to debug bugs (if you switch , and ; in typo for instance). - It prevents moving forward with tuples/multiple returns value with a nice syntax.
 - Most people hate it.

Why is that we need to either cast thing in stone or change by breaking everything Atila style ? The more we wait, the greater the pain.