On 3/26/14, 11:36 AM, bearophile wrote:
Fixing a little design mistake that causes bugs is not stopping all the
other people like you from thinking about the more significant issues
like concurrency, parallelism, reference scope, synchronized, and so on.

Doesn't seem like it. From where I stand, all these petty debates that last forever take focus away from a small team of core contributors. A dozen people are laying the bricks, whereas everybody else wrings their hands on the side and occasionally point out a spec of dust that's not where they think it should be.

But in a way that's beside the point. I'd much rather make
non-breaking improvements to the language, as there are plenty of
opportunities.

I don't agree. It's much better to fix the little breaking changes now,
and think about non-breaking improvements later. Because later the
breaking changes will become less and less possible.

That later is already now.