On 4/5/14, 2:47 PM, Asman01 wrote:
Today I've found a good alternative to slow gcc's linker: gold. Written
by  Google in C++ it's a linker writen for large code bases with C++ in
mind. The author claims it's about 5 times fast than gcc's one. It does
support ELF only and UNIX-like symtem I think it's enough to dmd on
linux or am I missing something? I believe it can reduce a lot dmd's
compilation speed on these system. It's under same GPL as gcc's ld. I
wonder if we can use it to make dmd still fastest. :)
It seems same case as Facebook needed a new C++ preprocessor for its
large code base.

http://google-opensource.blogspot.com.br/2008/04/gold-google-releases-new-and-improved.html

https://events.linuxfoundation.org/images/stories/pdf/lfcs2012_ccoutant.pdf

s/reduce/improve/

Yah, we've been using gold for a long time. Not on all projects though, on some it crashes.