On 4/25/2014 12:00 AM, H. S. Teoh via Digitalmars-d wrote:

OTOH, I believe journals nowadays actually give you a LaTeX template
that you're supposed to follow, and they greatly frown upon submissions
that don't conform to that template. So people are less likely to fiddle
with stuff that they normally would otherwise.

I would think basic computing features like text editing, copy/paste, and filenames would make trivially short work of conforming to various templates upon submission, even for the less technically-inclined.