On Wednesday, 30 April 2014 at 13:37:33 UTC, Rikki Cattermole wrote:
Hmm now if only I understand assembly better. And was able to write a JIT then maybe. Maybe then I could implement my evil ideas.

You don't necessarily need to understand assembly to write a JIT. You could instead have your bytecode take the form of D functions (such as int16 addI16(int16 a, int16 b), for instance) so you're essentially generating an array of D functions then iterating over them evaluating them. This would obviously be slower than generating assembly directly, but would still be faster than an interpreter, and you could still do some optimisation on it.