On Wednesday, 30 April 2014 at 13:37:33 UTC, Rikki Cattermole wrote:
On Wednesday, 30 April 2014 at 13:28:28 UTC, John Colvin wrote:
On Wednesday, 30 April 2014 at 13:03:43 UTC, Rikki Cattermole wrote:
On Wednesday, 30 April 2014 at 12:55:36 UTC, Dicebot wrote:
On Wednesday, 30 April 2014 at 12:52:36 UTC, Rikki Cattermole wrote:
On Wednesday, 30 April 2014 at 12:38:32 UTC, Dicebot wrote:
There are definitely several benefits of having aggregated compile-time known list of routes. Actually I have added it as one of examples for my DConf talk just yesterday :) This list, however, can possibly be built automatically via reflection provided single root entry point.

I think good flexible framework should provide user both options and infer as much as possible by convention.

Hmm interesting idea, although I'd feel a lot happier about it if the compiler was able to (with a switch most likely) infer/create automatically package.d files with auto import of all sub modules if it doesn't exist.

Sounds like typical use case for imaginary dub plugin system.

Perhaps but in the compiler, the file system wouldn't actually be changed. And the explicit package.d files would merely be overrides.

There's nothing stopping you from automatically making a temporary directory structure for building. No need to alter it in-place.

The way this discussion is going I'll have a new build manager built specifically for web development. This is where I'm gonna say 'no'.

Hmm now if only I understand assembly better. And was able to write a JIT then maybe. Maybe then I could implement my evil ideas.

A JIT for D? That would be many, many man-years of work.