On 4/30/14, 10:01 PM, Jonathan M Davis via Digitalmars-d wrote:
I'm all for parallelizing all unittest blocks that are pure, as doing
so would be safe, but I think that we're making a big mistake if we try
and insist that all unittest blocks be able to be run in parallel. Any
that aren't pure are not guaranteed to be parallelizable, and any which
access system resources or other global, mutable state stand a good
chance of breaking.

There are a number of assumptions here: (a) most unittests that can be effectively parallelized can be actually inferred (or declared) as pure; (b) most unittests that cannot be inferred as pure are likely to break; (c) it's a big deal if unittests break. I question all of these assumptions. In particular I consider unittests that depend on one another an effective antipattern that needs to be eradicated.