On 5/5/2014 11:39 PM, Manu via Digitalmars-d wrote:
There's a perfectly good pull there for not-virtual-by-default. No
amount of beating will get that horse through, despite almost
unanimous community support. That was... extremely discouraging, to
say the least.

If you look, I have authored some pull requests that I think are very good, but are twisting in the wind and have for some time. Andrei has some, too. We all do.

I understand that we'd all like our efforts to find quick approval and karma, but it isn't always going to happen, and we need to not let that discourage us.