Am 06.05.2014 20:10, schrieb w0rp:
On Tuesday, 6 May 2014 at 17:57:11 UTC, Manu via Digitalmars-d wrote:
As I said before, dub has never even occurred to me. No windows user
is likely to naturally think to use a package manager :/
It's sitting in my phobos fork. Isn't that where everyone keeps their
developments?

If people are pushing dub, then it should really be installed with DMD.

DUB should feel pretty natural on any operating system if you are a
Python (PyPi), Ruby (Gems), JavaScript (NPM), Perl (CPAN), or PHP (PEAR)
programmer. Although PyPi I know doesn't work as well on Windows. (It
doesn't explain to you clearly how to install an MSVC compiler for PIP
and what not.) I think it would be healthy to host supplementary modules
first with DUB as third party modules, and then get them merged into
Phobos after they have seen some real world use. That's sure to result
in a faster turnaround time for going from experimentation to real usage.

That is the best approach.

--
Paulo