On 21/05/14 09:50, Joakim wrote:

Yes, but they moved to the UIUC-licensed (basically the BSD
license) llvm eventually, partially because they wanted Xcode to
directly link against it.  I think it's that kind of integration
that Andre and Max have in mind, though as John noted, they're
not particularly precise about what they want.

That's a completely different thing. I would like to see someone try doing that with DMD ;). I assume they didn't want to do that since that feels quite unrealistic at this stage, DMD is not really meant for this type of integration.

--
/Jacob Carlborg