On 21.05.2014 14:17, Brad Anderson wrote:
On Wednesday, 21 May 2014 at 03:15:34 UTC, Manu via Digitalmars-d
wrote:
On 21 May 2014 05:15, Temtaime via Digitalmars-d
<digitalmars-d@puremagic.com> wrote:
Sorry i misunderstood you.
Yes dmd supports x64 on windows but it doesn't work without external
tools.
It's a main trouble i think.

MSVC is the de facto standard toolset for Windows. How do you
interoperate with any other conventional windows libraries if DMD is
not MSVC compatible?
This is the key development of DMD for Win64, and it's the only reason
D is practically useful on Windows at all. I pine for the day that
32bit will get the same treatment.

I believe Rainer did some work on extending COFF support to
32-bit. I'm not sure how far along he got.

I recently considered making a pull request, but noticed an include dependency that failed to work for another PR, and got distracted. The updated compiler patches are here: https://github.com/rainers/dmd/tree/coff32