On Tuesday, 27 May 2014 at 14:42:34 UTC, Etienne wrote:
I think the GC is the future of D considering it's embedded to the very core of the language, and compatibility with C code is ... elementary.

Well, but then I think you should be required to do manual tracking while it is being retained by C code. Basically a ref counter that keeps it marked reachable by the gc until released.

You slow the GC down by as much total memory there is in all threads vs the avg in a thread, AND you remove parallel collection - by not having the Thread ID in gc ptr references

Not if you restrict the gc heap to a set of blocks. You can also keep thread info in the heap memoryblock.

behavior of a language if it stops its world. As a matter of fact, I can't see any other way of fixing the GC than adding the Thread ID in there :/

By having multiple local GCs?