On Wednesday, 28 May 2014 at 17:39:21 UTC, Dicebot wrote:
Get this into upstream and you will have dozens unhappy about updating for their code. It is never that simple.

It doesn't have to be in upstream. It could be an experimental compiler implemented in pure D. I would back that, if Etienne is willing.

There is a need for a strong typed language that can compile both to asm.js, PNACL and to machine language. I doubt that the current incarnation of D is suitable, so a reduced set of D with better GC/malloc support and tight codegen for small downloads would be welcome for interactive apps.

I agree with you that D2 won't get this, but that does not prevent someone from creating D-.