On Thursday, 29 May 2014 at 15:44:11 UTC, Meta wrote:

Yes, I think this is a good case where making things slightly harder for users is good. If someone has to think twice about using std.experimental because of the long name, then they'll probably also think twice about how their code might break.

In keeping with this point, maybe also emit a warning when building? Something to the effect of: "WOAAAAH, hey there, you're using a module from std.experimental; don't expect it to work next week. Or ever."

On a more serious note, what's the vision for bug reporting on this? If we just use the current Bugzilla, I'd imagine it should at least have its own keyword, but I wonder if it shouldn't just be its own component so it provides a clear separation from Phobos. (As a value-add, then the hypothetical warning can also tell them to report errors against it specifically rather than generating noise.)

-Wyatt