On 03/06/14 20:14, Walter Bright wrote:

I've damaged my ears from years of loud engines. I've read that most
hearing damage comes from gunshots, rock concerts, and earphones. When
using earphones in public, one tends to turn up the volume to drown out
the ambient noise. Worrying about that, I just don't use earphones in
public.

I avoid turning up the volume. I basically have the same volume I would have in a room without any other noises, just a bit louder.

The music is on 24/7 at home, so I don't miss not having it elsewhere.

I can't have music on at work and I don't like to wear headphones any longer periods. Although I do have music on a home, as long as I don't disturb anyone.

But having an ereader has made traveling far more pleasant. Even long
airline flights are much less of an endurance test when I've got my
library with me.

Absolutely. When I go on any longer trips, when I have a baggage anyway, I usually bring my tablet along as well.

--
/Jacob Carlborg