On Friday, 6 June 2014 at 13:58:59 UTC, Russel Winder via Digitalmars-d wrote:
On Fri, 2014-06-06 at 13:34 +0000, Paulo Pinto via Digitalmars-d wrote:
[…]
At home, I got fed up tinkering GNU/Linux since my Slackware days (1995), as laptop support still tends to fall in some parts, namely graphics support, wireless chipsets and battery usage.

Is this still true? As far as I am aware nVIDIA and Intel graphics support is fine on Linux, ditto Intel wifi support. My AMD card in my dual graphics laptop is 4 years old and AMD have given up supporting it, so that's a fail compared to nVIDIA who are still supporting my 7 year
old card.

As for battery life, my X201 still gives about 6 hours use per charge,
would Windows do any better?

Battery usage is still a common problem. Everything has been working perfectly for years now.