Sat, 08 Aug 2009 17:32:30 -0400, Jeremie Pelletier wrote:

> I just had an idea to help keep track of unittests, right now we're turning
> on printf's at the beginning of a test to know which one fails, and adding
> printfs everywhere quickly becomes redundant. Also if the test succeeds and
> execution fails at some other point, the last printf is then misleading.
>
> ---
> module sample;
> unittest("myTest") {}
> ---

Named unittests is a rather often requested feature.  Others also wanted
__UNITTEST__ to expand into a name of the current unittest.  Also a
'weak assert' was requested which tests and prints a message but delays
exit until the end of the current unit test.

Somebody should really write a DIP on this.