On 7/14/2014 12:55 PM, Vic wrote:

- Confusing forum. First listed forum on 'D' is not for D users, but
it's called D! It is in fact for D commiters. This causes frustration
for both users and commiters. (yes there is 'learn D' but it's 4th down.
Commiters forum should be slightly hidden and user questions should not
be answered in commuters but politely asked to post in the proper forum.).

I don't think that's an accurate description. The d.D newsgroup (for which the "forum" is a web interface) has *always* been where D users discuss D. The design and implementation of the language has very much been an effort with a great deal of community input, which is why so many such discussions take place here. It's not, however, in any way just a "committer's" forum.

The d.D.learn newsgroup was born some time back due to an increase in the number of questions from new D users. Over time, I suppose it has become the place to ask all questions about how to use language features, whether from a noob or not. Although I've been around D 10 years, when I have such questions that's where I post them.

I'm not disagreeing that the "learn forum" should be the first one visible on the page, but just wanted to say that d.D is very much for D users.

---
is active.