On Monday, 14 July 2014 at 06:13:38 UTC, Manu via Digitalmars-d wrote:
explored a high-end ARC implementation. It compared impressively with 'the fastest GC's' (or some description
very close to that). D's GC  is certainly
not among those in comparison, which suggested the paper's tech would probably be a win for D no matter how you look at it.

I think both ARC and fast GC in a C-like language requires a dedicated pointer type, adjustments to semantics and whole program analysis. The general unwillingness to clean up the language and tighten the language semantics is going to keep D frozen at the current performance level for managed allocations…

problems... Nobody has ever addressed the low-available-memory argument I've put forward a number of times, which is the standard operating
environment of most embedded computers.

It's true that neither GC or region based allocators are good for tight memory allocation, but that extends to NSAutoReleasePool in iOS also.