On Monday, 14 July 2014 at 14:24:39 UTC, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
On 14/07/14 11:35, Dicebot wrote:

Yes, something like separate "partially static" import type.

I doesn't need language support. Just have a single function, "log", which returns a struct. The struct have all the "error", "warning" and so on, functions.

It is exactly what I don't want to see, it is an aberration. Never ever.

D unit of encapsulation is module. Any other "namespace" solutions must die after proper torture. However we do miss sane built-in compromise between overly verbose static imports and overly clashing normal imports - this need to be solved via language feature in the long term because it is fundamental module system use case.